Your privacy at HLP
What kind of data do we collect on you, and why?
HLP’s customer and decision-maker registers are maintained for the purposes of customer relationship management, the targeting of marketing and communication and the development of our services.
The data we collect in the registers include the following details: the name and address of your company, the names, titles and any possible job descriptions of the contact persons, and their email addresses and phone numbers. The data is primarily collected from the persons and companies themselves during the customer relationship, but also from other sources. The data can be collected when you subscribe to our newsletter, for instance, or when you enter details on the digital forms available on our website.
We can also collect data from public sources, such as companies’ websites and from service providers (such as Bisnode) or from registers in the public domain. In relation to personal data on business prospects, we may also collect personal data that has been made by the person in question public from such third party services as LinkedIn.
We process your personal data described above always on appropriate legal basis. For the most part our process your personal data based on our legitimate interests e.g. in relation to the customer relationship we have with you or the company where you are employed in, or your consent (if requested).
How do we disclose or transfer your data?
We do not in principle disclose, transfer or sell your data to any third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may from time to time disclose or transfer your personal data to third parties in relation to the provision of our services and performance of our other obligations. This may include disclosures to our service providers participating in the provision of our services (e.g. server services), other entities belonging to the same group as us, as well as the funds established by us in relation to our business.
We may have to disclose your personal data in some instances to government authorities under applicable laws in relation to e.g. audit procedures. We may also disclose or transfer your personal data in connection with an acquisition or merger to a purchaser or a potential purchaser, or their advisors.
We do not disclose, transfer or allow access to any personal data from countries outside the EU or the EEA, where the level of data protection has not been deemed sufficient by an adequacy decision of the EU Commission.
All disclosures and transfers are always done on a need-to-know –basis and by implementing appropriate technical and legal safeguards to ensure data security.
How long do we store your data?
We store the personal data we collect on you only as long as it is necessary for the purposes described herein. When the data is no longer needed, we will delete it, unless we are required to retain it due to applicable laws.
What rights do you have?
You have many different rights under applicable laws in relation to your personal data processed, and HLP is committed to realizing these rights. You have, subject to certain legal restrictions and requirements, the following rights:
- You have the right to request confirmation on whether or not your personal data is processed, and request access to your personal data processed as well as gain additional information on such processing;
- You have the right to receive a copy of all personal data processed;
- You have the right to request that we complete, correct or update any your personal data that is incomplete, incorrect or outdated;
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing at any time;
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal data where e.g. your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected, or where you have withdrawn your consent and our processing was based on your consent;
- You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain situations (e.g. where the processing has been unlawful, but instead of requesting deletion of the personal data you only wish us to restrict its processing);
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data where your personal data is processed based on your legitimate interests and we cannot demonstrate more compelling grounds for our processing in order to continue; and
- You have the right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data processed based on your consent or on the performance of your contract with us, and transfer such data to another controller.
If you wish to make use of any of your above mentioned rights, you may do so by contacting HLP via the contact details given below.
In addition to the above mentioned, you also have the right to lodge complaints concerning out processing of your personal data to a competent data protection authority as provided under applicable laws. For example, in Finland the data protection authority is Tietosuojavaltuutettu (contact details available at www.tietosuoja.fi).
Cookies are small text files created by the opened website. They are saved on the visitor’s computer so that users can get the best benefit of the website’s different functionalities. The session-specific cookie will be saved in the computer’s memory temporarily when a visitor browses the website. The cookie in question will be removed when the user closes their browser or when the session ends. A permanent cookie will remain on the visitor’s computer until it is removed.
This website uses Google Analytics software, which employs cookies. The cookies collect collated data on the activities of the website’s users, including on the number of pages opened, the visitor’s entry to the website and the number of visits. The data in question is used to improve the website’s user experience.
How can I reject or remove cookies?
If you have any question concerning how your data is processed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us, tel. +358 9 6877 760
HLP Corporate Finance Oy
00100 Helsinki, Finland
Business ID: 1738329-8